"Everyone deserves a JmGO"
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

1895 Projector - Problems connecting by HDMI 234

Newbie Posts: 8 Karma: +0/-0 *
1895 Projector - Problems connecting by HDMI
« on: July 06, 2020, 02:15:51 PM »
Hi all,

I bought the 1895, which looks great but came with a couple problems.  Problem #1...The wheels that are supposed to spin, do not.  We tried to fix in settings and worked with Customer care through the Amazon JMGO site, but they won't work.  It is too much of a headache to send back overseas and wait for a new one, so we just threw our hands in the air and gave up.  A little disappointed, but not a deal breaker.
Now we have problem #2.  Our Wifi doesn't reach out to our backyard, so we are trying to connect our phone by HDMI.  We bought the MHL adapter that allows us to connect from USB-C to HDMI, but it does not work.  We were able to connect to other monitors without a problem.  It just seems to be a problem with the projector itself.  Is this projector compatible with Samsung products?  Is that the issue?  Is there another way to mirror my phone?  Any advise would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Administrator Sr. Member Posts: 391 Karma: +0/-0 "Everyone deserves a JmGO" *****
Re: 1895 Projector - Problems connecting by HDMI
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 02:41:50 PM »
Where and when did you buy your 1895? The warranty is good for a year and JmGO should honor it.

Where there is JmGO there is cinema.
Administrator Sr. Member Posts: 391 Karma: +0/-0 "Everyone deserves a JmGO" *****
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2020, 02:45:19 PM »
Also try connecting to it using an iPhone with an HDMI adapter. That works on all of JmGO projectors we have sold but we havenít tried it on the 1895 since we have not sold one in the US.

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2020, 02:56:33 PM »
One more thing. I recommend using the TP-Link Deco Mesh WiFi System to extend the range of your WiFi. I personally have the tree puck M5 but there are several varieties. It works great.

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 04:39:34 PM »
I bought it 3 months ago.  But it took forever to get shipped.  If I return it, I would have to wait till it makes it back to JMGO Amazon in China and then wait for them to ship out another.  This would leave me  without a projector till the end of the summer. 
The HDMI with adapter works with other phones such as the One plus.  We do not have an Iphone.  Samsung only.  I was hoping there were other Mirror apps that I could download because happycast is pro Apple only. 
also....How does TP-Link Deco Mesh system work?  Would I need to replace my wifi?

And Thank you
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2020, 05:01:34 PM »
It doesnít make sense to me why the HDMI doesnít work.

The mesh system will connect automatically to your wifi then broadcast to the pucks which work like hotspots. You also have the ability to connect the pucks through Ethernet for longer distances.

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2020, 05:04:48 PM »
In fact you could connect the 1895 directly the the main puck through Ethernet. I just bought a 200í Ethernet cable for around $70.

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2020, 05:10:55 PM »
I will probably pick one up.  Thanks for the advise
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2020, 09:57:48 PM »
Here is the response from JmGO China:

1. Please share SN -- normally can be found from the bottom of the device, or "Setting" (serial number)

2. Could you please describe the problem in a more detailed ways? image or video will be highly appreciated
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 09:59:50 PM by Keith »

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2020, 09:58:57 AM »
SN# 101ka1sa3g00829

1.  The 2 wheels do not spin at all.  It does not matter if you turn them on in the settings and it does not matter what media is playing.  They do not work.

2.  We are trying to connect my Samsung Note 8 to the HDMI port on the projector.  Our main goal is to watch movies.  Aptoide does not seem to have a rental app so we need to rent the movie from the Google Play app on our phone.  I connect the HDMI cord from the projector and into the adapter.  I then plug the USB-C connection from the adapter to the phone.  This works on my computer monitor, but will not work on the projector.  I even tried using a different HDMI cord and adapter.  It still does not work.  My neighbor tried his One plus cell phone and they were able to connect.  Is Samsung compatible with the projector?  And if so, why won't mine connect? 

3.  Does the projector mirror Apple products only?  HappyCast, which came installed on the projector is for Mac and Iphone only.  Is there an app to mirror Android?
Thank you,

Adam
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2020, 09:28:57 AM »
What is the serial number of your 1895?

And:

Mesh routers can help eliminate dead zones. Rather than broadcasting Wi-Fi signals from a single point, mesh router systems have multiple access points. One point links to the modem and acts as the router, while one or more other access points, often called satellites, capture the router's signal and rebroadcast it.

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2020, 09:43:12 AM »

Serial Number# 101ka1sa3g00829

Yeah, I have been looking into this.  We are probably going to purchase it this week.  We found the item on Amazon.  Thanks for the recommendation.
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2020, 12:23:29 AM »
Here is the response I received from JmGO China:

the 1 st problem (wheels), we suggest customer try with factory reset, and local videos -- existing videos or USB copied, any video that do not need wifi connection please check if there is still wheel problem when projecting local videos

#2 - Install the APK in the attached file and see if that corrects the issue.

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2020, 10:05:44 AM »
Did the suggestions work for your 1895?

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2020, 12:54:42 PM »
We haven't tried it yet.  We are ordering this weekend.  I will keep you posted.  By any chance did you send out my SN# or find out if the projector is even compatible with Samsung?

[url=link]Text[/url]