"Everyone deserves a JmGO"
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

So which is better the JmGo P1 or P2 view and why? 2393

Newbie Posts: 7 Karma: +0/-0 *
So which is better the JmGo P1 or P2 view and why?
« on: June 14, 2017, 02:02:25 PM »
I have the JmGO P2 and was surprised to find out that the remote has to be used with the USB dongle. The alternative is to use the app, but that only works if you are using a WiFi network to communicate. Since the P1 has the control buttons on the enclosure, that seems like an advantage over the P2, especially if you lose the remote or the battery dies. So, other than the remote control issue, does the P1 or P2 have any other advantages over the other?
Administrator Sr. Member Posts: 372 Karma: +0/-0 "Everyone deserves a JmGO" *****
Re: So which is better the JmGo P1 or P2 view and why?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 06:34:22 PM »
They are the same basically when it comes to video and audio.

Like you said what's nice about the P1 is it his control buttons on the top and a manual focus button.  With the buttons on the top you can use it without the remote. You must have the remote for the P2. The P1 is priced less than the P2.

What's nice about the P2 is it is around and can be positioned at any angle for watching the display. It is also capable of being used as a Bluetooth speaker and the P1 is not.  The P2 has the cooling fans built in to the speakers which is an improvement.

The dongle only controls the AirMouse function on each unit.

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 06:36:42 PM by Keith »

Where there is JmGO there is cinema.
Administrator Sr. Member Posts: 372 Karma: +0/-0 "Everyone deserves a JmGO" *****
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 07:04:42 PM »
They are the same basically when it comes to video and audio.

Like you said what's nice about the P1 is it his control buttons on the top and a manual focus button.  With the buttons on the top you can use it without the remote. You must have the remote for the P2. The P1 is priced less than the P2.

What's nice about the P2 is it is around and can be positioned at any angle for watching the display. It is also capable of being used as a Bluetooth speaker and the P1 is not.  The P2 has the cooling fans built in to the speakers which is an improvement.

The dongle only controls the AirMouse function on each unit.

Hope that helps.

So in my opinion they are basically the same although I lean towards the P1 personally.

Newbie Posts: 20 Karma: +0/-0 *
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 05:33:10 PM »
I have the JmGO P2 and was surprised to find out that the remote has to be used with the USB dongle. The alternative is to use the app, but that only works if you are using a WiFi network to communicate. Since the P1 has the control buttons on the enclosure, that seems like an advantage over the P2, especially if you lose the remote or the battery dies. So, other than the remote control issue, does the P1 or P2 have any other advantages over the other?

I found video from the manufacturer saying that the P2 has a little better speakers and lighter weight. I have the P2, but have never seen the P1 so I cant compare.
You also can control the P2 with phone app, but donīt know if it works outside Wifi-network...
https://youtu.be/YcUzcgSoutg?t=66

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 12:19:07 PM »

I found video from the manufacturer saying that the P2 has a little better speakers and lighter weight. I have the P2, but have never seen the P1 so I cant compare.
You also can control the P2 with phone app, but donīt know if it works outside Wifi-network...
https://youtu.be/YcUzcgSoutg?t=66

It doesn't. Both the phone and the P2 need to be connected to a wifi network. Same with P1 and the entire line JmGO has. 

[url=link]Text[/url]