"Everyone deserves a JmGO"
News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Cannot update p2 firmware to 1.1.62 5243

Newbie Posts: 17 Karma: +0/-0 *
Re: Cannot update p2 firmware to 1.1.62
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2019, 06:00:54 PM »
Great! Looking forward to a response from the Chinese Team :)
Newbie Posts: 8 Karma: +0/-0 *
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2020, 01:41:20 AM »
Hi All,

I am getting same error with update as nicosuarez. As per the sticker it says Model P2, I tried P2 firmware 1.1.83 and also P2C 1.1.29. The steps which I followed were to download the update_jmo.zip file copy to USB stick and plugged  the usb stick in the project. After powering on the projector hit menu button on the remote. It says entering recovering mode, then starts a count down and then just says operation failed, reboot system now.

The thing is that the project doesnt even boot up, i see JMBO logo and then rotating circles.

Any suggestions to recover this would help a lot as the projector is not functional at all. Strange thing is that bluetooth part is working fine i would use it as a bluetooth speaker.

Thanks
Administrator Sr. Member Posts: 401 Karma: +0/-0 "Everyone deserves a JmGO" *****
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2020, 09:45:21 PM »
This is the JmGO team in China:

"Double clear operation method:
 1. Press the power button on the projector(on the projector, not the remote control), and at the same time repeatedly press the remote control menu button "≡"
2. You will enter the recovery mode;
3. Press the down arrow key on the remote control to find "wipe data/factory reset" and select confirmation.
Then press the down arrow key on the remote control to find "yes--delete all user data" to confirm, and it will show that the data area is being erased;
4. After wiping the data, press the down arrow key on the remote control to select "wipe cache partition "" (clear cache partition) and confirm;
5. After that, select reboot system now to complete the operation. After the operation is completed, the machine will automatically shut down and you need to restart it manually."

Please tell us if it will solve your problem, if not please take another video to help us figure out.
Thanks

Where there is JmGO there is cinema.
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2020, 12:23:35 AM »
Thanks Keith,

I followed the exact steps which you mentioned. But i dont see any options which says "wipe data/factory reset" and select confirmation.

Steps which followed,
Hold the power button on the project for around 10sec till the projector switches on, simultaneously press  menu button "≡" on the remote.
Projector powers up and shows entering recovery screen and a count down starts. I pressed down button on the remote but the count down just finishes and i see operation failed.

I have got two remotes, I tried both the remotes with a 2.4ghz receiver(Dont have the original receiver so i am using the one from a small keyboard/mouse). Not 100% sure if there would be any issue with projector not understanding down button.

I have attached the photos of the project sticker which i think got serial number, photo of two remotes and the video of the steps i followed.

If you can pls let me know if i am missing any step or any other method to restore this project would help a lot.

Thanks
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2020, 12:29:19 AM »
I have the 2.4ghz receiver connected via usb2 hub to the projector. Yesterday with the same hub i had a USB stick (8GB) with image file and also later tried a USB3 SDcard reader with 2gb sd card with an image.

If the remote receiver was an issue let me know where i can get a correct receiver. I would like to restore the projector so can use it.
Administrator Sr. Member Posts: 401 Karma: +0/-0 "Everyone deserves a JmGO" *****
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2020, 12:44:19 AM »
The video did not load. Please send it to after-sales@jmgo.com and I will inform them to look for it.

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2020, 12:47:20 AM »
Also please send to after sales the body of your posts and the photos. They have requested all. Thanks.

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2020, 01:16:00 AM »
Thanks Keith,

I have reduced the video size and uploaded again. I will email the same to after sales team also. Hope to get some answers to resolve this issue.

[url=link]Text[/url]